Generate balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization's finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks substantiating business transactions.
- Verify and posts journal entry details of business transactions to general ledger.
- Compute and record charges, refunds, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions.
- Ability to reconcile bank statements / cash application
- Reconcile accounts and record adjustments to correct or resolve errors through communication to third parties.
- File and reconcile Sales and Use taxes.
- Prepare consolidated production reports and resolve variances to manufacturing plant records.
- Require a bachelor's degree in accounting and 1-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products, excel is a must.
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify roadblocks and propose solutions/improvements in processes.
- Any job offer is contingent on successful completion of background check and drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.