Responsibilities include directing and overseeing all or one of the following accounting functions (but not limited to): general accounting, accounts receivable, collections, rebates, cost accounting. Will be working with and reporting to the Assistant Controller and Corporate Controller. Responsibilities include preparing and analyzing financial information during the monthly, process improvement, quarterly, and year-end closing processes as well as on a day-to-day basis. Interacts with many departments across the organization including plant accounting, information technology, purchasing, freight/logistics, and sales. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes accounts receivable, financial close, rebates and cost accounting.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected and provides suggestions for controls.
- Ensures that company financial records and reports are prepared and maintained in compliance with company policies, and US GAAP.
- Manages the accounting and reconciliation of freight payments and payables, working closely with the freight/logistics department
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance
- Supervises the completion of State tax reporting requirements with regard to sales, use and property taxes
- Coordinates work relating to external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
- Manages the charts of account for the JD Edwards general ledger system and the Hyperion Essbase reporting system.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above.
- Responsible for continued development of staff.
- Other projects and process improvement initiatives, as required
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting with at least 7 years of experience in accounting field. CPA preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Understanding of databases and complex ERP systems.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to produce results in a fast paced environment.
- Any job offer is contingent on successful completion of background check and drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.