Responsible for processing amounts owed by the company to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations/individuals., utilizing an automated accounts payable platform. Maintains all accounts payable invoice/voucher, payment, and other transaction records. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within accounts payable field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Review all invoices and check requests presented for payment for appropriate documentation and approval and process via automated / computerized accounts payable system.
- Maintain soft files containing payment and voucher documentation.
- Act as liaison between plants and corporate office to provide support and direction regarding accounts payable issues.
- Respond to inquiries from auditors and vendors regarding accounts payable issues.
- Assist in monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in annual 1099-Misc preparation and mailing.
- Maintain record keeping for all off-site document storage.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- AA/AS degree preferred.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills within the context of AP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing with peers and various levels of management within the company and with agencies and vendors externally.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.