Warner Robins, GA
Supervises and coordinates an assigned production shift to include the handling, maintaining proper and consistent quality glass composition per corporate specifications to assure delivery of a quality product to the Forming department.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Maintain accurate raw materials inventory with minimum demurrage.
- Control labor and overtime costs within budget.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Check and schedule Maintenance to repair as needed in raw materials unloading, mixing & melting operations.
- Schedule furnaces with temperature with tonnage pull-furnace, glass, computer and refiner.
- Develop, train and manage department employees.
- Computer input – ability to check status, temperature, set joints and printouts.
- Supervise and schedule all patch hotwork and rebuilds.
- Ability to adjust fuel-air ratio computer and check oxygen analysis.
- Monitor glass quality by checking weights, color and seed.
- BS/BA degree in Ceramic or Chemical Engineering with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/furnace environment.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.