Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine best value for company. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in procurement. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Develop strategic business partnerships with vendors that includes negotiating prices, terms and conditions.
- Evaluate vendors quotes and services to determine best value for the company.
- Responsible for ordering materials and equipment based on manufacturing needs.
- Monitor daily purchases for expense and storeroom items and track the savings achieved.
- Responsible for the creation of vendors and item masters for manufacturing.
- Run monthly and daily reports when needed along with reconciliation of consignment.
- Assist packaging team in creating carton specs and dunnage team as needed.
- Assist others in Supply Chain team as necessary.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook and JDE.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within purchasing field.
- Work independently and able to communicate effectively by phone, in writing and in person with peers and all levels of management and outside vendors.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to travel to manufacturing plants and vendor meetings as needed.