Administers policies & procedures that cover functional areas in environmental, health and safety. Ensures employees in function areas follows established procedures and ensures the company’s compliance with federal, state and local regulations. They will coordinate, direct and manage the activities related to meeting all standards established by applicable laws or regulation, those established by the company.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for assuring environmental compliance at manufacturing and support facilities with additional responsibility for the safety and health compliance of employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Manage environmental processes within facilities.
- Waste management and minimization in accordance with RCRA and TSCA.
- Surface and groundwater management compliant with the Clean Water Act.
- Air emissions within permitted standards under the Clean Air Act.
- Evaluates impact of regulations and standards on site operations.
- Coordinates routine testing and monitoring as required.
- Identifies need for outside support, develop scope of work and contracts.
- Spill and event contingency planning.
- Assures all related files, permits and information is on file and available for inspection.
- Manage safety and accident prevention programs.
- Safety programs in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Develops written accident prevention and safety programs and policies.
- Develops site safety training plan, conducts training.
- Coordinates routine testing and monitoring of employees.
- Assist facility management in investigation and analysis of incidents, root cause and corrective actions.
- Monitors program compliance and conducts audits for environmental, health and safety.
- BS Degree in Safety/Environmental Engineering/Sciences, or other related field of study is preferred.
- CSP, CIH, CHMM, REM or similar accreditation is preferred.
- Five years experience leading EHS programs within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and state/local regulatory standards and programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.