The EHS Specialist works with site leadership to implement and improve sit safety, health, and environmental programs. Operates under direct supervision of the Senior EHS Manager and within established procedures to provide clerical, administrative and technical support to EHS activities. Works to promote safety awareness, understanding and engagement to influence the safety culture towards and injury-free workplace. This position will provide leadership, guidance and hands-on support to help assure compliance with applicable site, Corporate, State and Federal safety and environmental regulation's and requirements.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Lead health and safety audits and performs data analysis of the results.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly, ad perfroms data analysis of the results
- Facilitate organization and leadership development efforts to address the root cause of EHS related issues. Coach management and employees at all levels to ensure compliance with all EHS program expectations and applicable federal & state laws.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed by employees and suggest risk mitigation strategies through the Job Safety Analysis process.
- Perform and oversee EHS training as needed, including new employee EHS training
- Conduct appropriate inspections and audits, and ensuring corrective actions are monitored and documented.
- Complete and document regulatory compliance activities according to regulatory deadlines.
- Complete, document, and submit required EHS reports.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and Local EHS regulations.
- Conducting environmental compliance inspections for SPCC, wastewater, storm water, and non-hazardous and hazardous waste.
- Prepare environmental compliance reports.
- Represent the company with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, FDEP, and EPA, under the supervision of the Senior EHS Manager.
- Lead Safety Committee meetings
- 4+ years EHS Industry Experience preferred.
- Minimum 4-year degree in science or related field.