Leads the environmental function in creating, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies to promote sustainable development. Carry out environmental audits and assessments, identifying and resolving problems and ensuring necessary changes are implemented.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans to ensure corporate sustainable development.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date on legislation as related to environmental issues.
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance.
- Perform impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks and financial costs.
- Implement best practices in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organization on environmental issues.
- Train and assist staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental (preferred) or related field (natural sciences, engineering, chemistry, or similar)
- A minimum of 7+ years of work experience in the Environmental field with increasing responsibility leading and directing teams. (Large organization preferred).
- A minimum of 3+ years recent work experience in the air permitting and compliance field
- Experience with air permitting and compliance in multiple states
- Ability to complete required emissions calculations for air permitting
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations and laws, including but not limited to Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, and SPCC.
- Experience working with Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEMs).
- Demonstrated success in improving environmental performance and establishing best practices.
- Proven examples of effective communication and listening skills.
- Ability to read and interpret federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
- Prior experience in industrial and manufacturing preferred.