Supervises the activities of forming personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function. A Shift Supervisor Forming has authority for personnel actions and oversees most day-to-day operations of group. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Responsible for overall leadership of shift activities through final inspection the manufacture of glass containers for the food and beverage industry.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Ensure that the quality of glass ware produced meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Ensure the quality of the following packaging items in accordance with customer requirements.
- Coordinate the training of employees (SOP’s, TOP’s, SPC, safety practices, work skills and teamwork/communication skills.
- Provide appropriate follow-up (direction, revision, review, approval and control) for all policies and procedures, including SOP’s, TOP’s and forms.)
- Maintain good manufacturing practices.
- Ensure the maintenance of shift forming records including job histories, downtime records, process information and other records.
- Generate, direct and coordinate all safety policies and procedures. Provide leadership to instill a safe environment and a culture for safe work practices.
- Ensure that proper housekeeping is maintained and that the plant is clean, floor spaces are clean and items are kept in order.
- Ensure that all interdepartmental requirements area communicated and met.
- Supervision and development of employees involved in the glass manufacturing process, ensuring job competency, employee development, training plans and performance appraisals.
- Drive the proper usage of statistical process control, process data collection and analysis.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Two years supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.