Partner with Corporate HR & local plant leadership to drive operations performance, act as a change agent and execute proactive communications. Designs, plans and implements human resources programs for a plant. Manage Human Resource department. Administration of benefit and compensation programs and policies. Compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Administer Labor Contract: Provide advice and counsel to management and bargaining unit personnel on plant practices, and contract interpretations. Conduct Labor Management meetings. Process grievances.
- Develop Employees: Conduct training and development programs, identify management potential and provide back-up systems. Counsel all employees. Facilitate and lead all Apprenticeship Training Programs.
- Administer Benefit Compensation Program: Communicate and coordinate group medical, retirement, 401(k) savings, holiday and vacation policies. Complete timely, all necessary paperwork to affect all salary changes, appraisal process, relocation policies. Plant medical services, and plant insurance claim processing.
- Workforce Planning: Develop staffing plans to include succession planning. Administer absentee policies and vacation schedules. Recruit and interview applicants for all plant personnel positions.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Oversee; Counsel employees on various compliance matters. Maintain minority and female agency contracts and goals.
- Enhance Company Image: Oversee and conduct plant tours, visits and civic communications. Participate in recycling activities and personnel associations. Present a favorable image.
- BS/BA required in a related area and at least 8 years of experience in the field.
- Proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive payroll information.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing with peers and various levels of management within the company and with agencies and vendors externally.
- Familiar with a variety of human resource concepts, practices and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.