Warner Robins, GA
Responsible for the coordination of all finished goods shipments and inbound/outbound movement of raw materials and pallets. Manages multiple functions within an organization’s warehouse and shipping department, including supervision of employees. Responsibilities include the transportation and storage of finished goods and other packaging materials, distribution of supplies as needed and inventory control. Responsible for all aspects of the warehouse distribution centers.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators for the process and team.
- Schedules carriers to pick up and deliver finished goods based on releases from customers or sales.
- Coordinate all inbound or outbound material movement to include LTL air shipments.
- Coordinate activities to resolve customer delivery problems with focus on improving on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Lead root cause analysis to identify problems both internal and external and initiate change.
- Prepare paperwork and data related to bill of ladings, shipment logs, etc.
- Coordinate interplant transfers and returned ware shipments.
- Manage the process for return of all packaging materials,
- Insure the accuracy and integrity or inventory/record keeping systems, through FIFO inventory process.
- Direct and coordinate the proper utilization/planning, repair and preventative maintenance of all mobile equipment.
- Identify initiatives to eliminate waste, increase productivity and limit inventory losses.
- Communicate with Sales Service Reps, Customers and Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Related certifications, APICS and/or CSCMP preferred.
- 5-7 years supervisor experience in warehousing/shipping operation.
- Must have leadership, communication and organizations skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products Excel, Word and PowerPoint.