The Maintenance Planner’s job is to anticipate and eliminate potential delays by planning and coordinating maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access. The Maintenance Planner reports to the Maintenance Engineering Manager. Responsibilities include planning and coordinating all planned maintenance activities performed at the site.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Ensure that safety is considered when developing every job plan.
- Handle long and short-range planning.
- Maintain bill of materials (BOM) information for every asset within area of responsibility.
- Follow a daily routine of visiting work site areas.
- Scope work and record decisions on Work Planning Checklist.
- Determine appropriate level of planning for new work orders and PMs from CMMS.
- Assign work, identify, and plan all work phases when line downtime time permits.
- Requisition of materials for planned work.
- Reserve stock items for planned work.
- Develop planned work for the Weekly Work Schedule.
- Determine the proper sequence of work activities.
- Estimate labor hours needed to perform work and scheduling of manpower.
- Estimate costs, including labor, materials, and contract services, for work performed.
- Communicate Work Planning Package information to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inform Maintenance Engineering Manager of abnormal or critical situations.
- Seek Maintenance Engineering Manager’s advice on matters outside the Planner’s knowledge or authority.
- Review work feedback information with Maintenance Engineering Manager to improve future planning efforts.
- BS in engineering, technology or manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Computer skills and knowledge of CMMS software (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of similar maintenance experience.
- Ability to interpret and use the following (to develop job plans): o Equipment drawings o Predictive maintenance reporting o Hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software.
- Any job offer is contingent on successful completion of background check and drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.