Responsible for planning and scheduling all of Anchor’s manufacturing facilities to optimize manufacturing assets, meet customer demand and maintain targeted inventory levels. Provide input and guidance to the annual planning and operating plan process.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Fulfills all responsibilities of the Production Scheduler position for specific manufacturing facilities/lines. In addition to those specific plant responsibilities, directs and controls scheduling and inventory management of all high-volume customers/items that involve production in multiple facilities (DPSG, Anheuser-Busch, etc.).
- Monitor inventories, demand and service for the Corporation’s total business. Oversee the efficient operation of the day-to-day process required to enter, respond to and schedule customer requests.
- Oversee creation of a production schedule by plant and shop that satisfies customer needs and maximizes utilization of corporate assets. Facilitate conflict resolution as needed.
- Coordinate plant production schedules with tank and machine maintenance schedule.
- Provide inventory reporting to customers as requested.
- Interface with sales and senior management on initiatives, demands and issues.
- Participate in the development of the annual machine load plan in conjunction with the Manager, Capacity Planning. Oversee completion of the annual detailed production plan.
- Provide monthly machine load and 90-day production forecast updates in conjunction with the Manager, Capacity Planning.
- Research replacement Mold Equipment Requisitions to ensure expenditure is necessary and timely. Approve if appropriate or recommend alternatives.
- Provide recommended plant/shop/machine type assignment for all potential new business.
- Ability to manage and balance the key KPI’s – furnace/shop utilization, inventory $/days, schedule adherence, on-time delivery etc.
- Recommend and coordinate future customer capabilities requirements with capital investment planning.
- Ensure the Corporation’s priorities, goals and objectives are clearly communicated and understood by subordinate(s). Develop functional goals in support of those objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in production scheduling, customer service or inventory management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze large volume of data, detect trends and develop action plans based on results.
- Good leadership and decision-making skills.
- Good cross functional skills; ability to work through conflicting objectives to achieve desired results.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.