Oversees 24/7 operations of plant production. Ensures all required quality and regulatory standards are met. Assists in developing processes for maximizing safety, quality, productivity and stewardship. Assists in developing major goals to support broad functional objectives. Working in and promoting an environment that operates on the following principles:
• Critical strategic objectives are associated with breakthrough and/or disruptive market opportunities.
• A dedicated organization model, based on entrepreneurial spirit and approach.
• A strong sense of urgency; driven by the vital importance of "Just in Time”
• Teams are empowered with high level of autonomy within this framework.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Drive overall plant operations which may include finance, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources, and information systems.
- Foster a culture that includes an open, high trust, learning environment
- Foster a team environment of strong communication, collaboration, and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Assist in developing a culture of high trust, clear metrics, leading indicators, ownership, and accountability.
- Assist with aligning objectives within each function to achieve the business strategic goals.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- In conjunction with General Manager, coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished and contribute to the overall success and instill a culture of accountability to perform against these objectives.
- Understand and ensure all regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Ensure technical objectives are met and any roadblocks or issues are quickly resolved.
- This role will lead between 20-30 employees (Salary), strategic partners, and suppliers.
- Observe 24/7- daily operations to ensure facility performance is aligned to and achieves business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and people development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience of 7 plus years with 5 years operations leadership.
- Experience in change management, process improvement and optimization.
- Ability to lead in a way that builds trust with a passion to grow and develop self and others.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels – from shop floor to executive leadership.
- Willing to be accessible 24/7 and holidays to support facility as needed.