Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials from vendors. Review customer requirements and offer suggestions on improving the packaging. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions typically requires exercising independent judgment.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Design, prepare, and distribute carton specifications and print cards for production.
- Work closely with customers regarding package design, suggest changes to better align with production capabilities.
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most cost-effective options.
- Order materials, transportation or commodities based on needs of manufacturing.
- Procure and maintain customer ink standards.
- Assist manufacturing plants in obtaining supply sources on difficult packaging requirements.
- Facilitate plants in expediting orders with short lead time.
- Managing how much packaging inventory we have at all plants.
- Work closely with sales department on new product development in regards to packaging requirements.
- Assist in other supply chain duties.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software.
- JD Edwards experience a plus.
- Must be able to communicate by phone and email with peers and vendors.
- Detail oriented and has ability to work under pressure.