Audits and inputs data from time sheets, production records, or individual time cards to computerized payroll system. Also responsible for balancing payroll runs, producing federal, and state and local tax payments, and answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within payroll field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Work independently within strict deadlines to audit KRONOS time entry records for compliance with union contracts and established standards.
- Communicate with Human Resources and Plant Supervisors to research and resolve time entry issues.
- Maintain Hourly and/or Salaried employee master records and deduction records in computerized payroll system received from Human Resources department, employees, taxing authorities, and other garnishing agencies and maintain hard files as required.
- Audit and process weekly and/or semi monthly payrolls utilizing computerized payroll system and work with various plant locations to print and distribute checks and pay advices within strict deadlines.
- Review, balance, and maintain as required automated payroll system output such as pay registers, journal entries, and other standard reports for each payroll processed.
- Validate and transmit Positive Pay and ACH payroll files to bank, and employer and employee payroll tax files to payroll tax service provider for each payroll processed.
- Assimilate and match payroll voucher documentation to checks generated via accounts payable system and mail to recipients such as international and local unions, garnishing agencies, tax authorities, United Way, uniform rental companies, etc.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- AA/AS preferred.
- Kronos/JD Edwards/Oracle experience preferred.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive employee information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing with peers and various levels of management within the company and with agencies and vendors externally.
- Strong organization skills and detailed oriented.