Responsible for direction of the accounting functions at a glass manufacturing plant. To plan, organize, control and lead accounting function so that all financial reports generated reflect true financial performance of the manufacturing facilities. Establish control procedures to safeguard plant assets and to implement administrative policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Oversee and monitor the functions production reporting, labor reporting, and month end financial reporting.
- Review reports generated by accounting personnel and ensure their accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare annual labor, capital and expense budgets.
- Monitor the plant’s performance against budget, analyze variances, and recommend appropriate actions to process leaders.
- Establish procedures for periodic inventories of all plant assets and to ensure that plant records reflect all the assets at hand.
- Oversee the month end closing process and ensure that all expenses and revenues for the period have been accurately recorded.
- Evaluate projects in terms of their costs and benefits and recommend the projects that will offer the most return on investment.
- Assist department management in the development of methods and strategies in the controlling of plant expenses that will maximize return on investment.
- Facilitate continuous improvement by participating in planning, evaluation and implementation of ideas that contribute to that process.
- Develop, train, facilitate and lead staff to achieve their personal professional growth and maximize their contributions.
- BS/BA Accounting – CPA or CMA preferred.
- 4-6 years experience in supervisory position.
- Good communication and facilitation skills required. Must be detailed oriented.
- Strong computer skills including Oracle Enterprise 1, Microsoft Office excel, power point and access databases.
- Familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform on a variety of complicated tasks.