Warner Robins, GA
Primarily responsible for assessing the performance of the manufacturing process / equipment and making improvements that reduce downtime, quality related defects, costs and the potential for injury. Secondary responsibility for supporting the quality control function of the operation to increase customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Provide technical direction for installing, operating, maintaining, repairing and modifying equipment.
- Involvement in quality measuring system – interpret statistical process control data, analyze trends and provide root cause fixes for issues.
- Perform designed experiments to determine actions needed for improved process capabilities.
- Generate, review and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work in conjunction with managers for all functional areas of the plant in meeting production, quality and safety goals.
- Coordinate with corporate engineering, QC, sales and logistics personnel on best practices.
- Supervise QC lab technicians.
- Direct interaction with customers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, Ceramic or another related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- First-hand experience in driving process improvements in a manufacturing operation.
- Strong organizational, analytical and root cause problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to collaborate in a team environment for generating solutions to problems.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.