A broad mix of skills and experience in conjunction with a strong work ethic and high level of integrity. This position will be responsible for developing and managing the execution and commissioning of a variety of projects related to both new and existing assets to support the operations and manufacturing facilities.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for new and improvement projects related to equipment, mechanical systems, and infrastructure required for the manufacturing of glass containers. This includes (but not limited to) such as batch house and cullet equipment, exhaust filtration systems, chimneys, cooling systems (water & air), air compressors & driers, fans & vacuum pumps, conveyors, cooling towers and structural systems.
- Evaluate new equipment, processes and materials for applicability to decrease costs or improve productivity.
- Provide design, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting engineering services to the facilities.
- Develop project scopes, specifications, schedule, cost estimates, and capital expenditure requests.
- Qualify contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Prepare request for quotations, analysis bids, negotiate, and select contractors.
- Manage all aspects of the execution of projects including the schedules, budgets, installations, and commissioning to successfully complete the project goals and objectives.
- Manage projects with cross functional teams based in multiple locations.
- Committed to safety processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Other technical degrees may be considered in conjunction with individual experience and capability
- Experience level: 10-15 years in related field
- Travel 40-50% of time
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Work effectively without close supervision and in a matrix team environment
- Manage schedule and priorities of multiple projects and initiatives