Warner Robins, GA
Oversees the evaluation of a finished product for quality and reliability. May assist in the development of quality control standards. Manages total quality programs, policies and initiatives. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, quality, client relationships, and customer service.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Direct and control product quality. Ensure proper quality procedures are followed in each area.
- Work with Forming department to correct in-production defects.
- Work with Forming during sampling operations to assure proper specifications can and will be met during production.
- Follow up to ensure correct production specifications and gauges are issued prior to start up of any item.
- Determine if packed stock is acceptable for customer use and if not take appropriate actions to ensure they receive only quality ware.
- Conduct a preproduction visit on any new item coming into production and customer tours of plant facilities as required.
- Audit quality complaints and direct prompt and appropriate actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Maintain customer contact to include routine visits, technical support and follow up on AGC product quality relative to customer operations.
- Conduct root cause analysis on customer complaints and defective product.
- BS/BA in Engineering field with 6-8 years of experience.
- ISO or SQF Certified.
- Lean /6 Sigma process improvement background.
- Ability to influence relationships with manufacturing plants and customers.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills and attention to detail.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft software including Excel, Word PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiar with a variety of quality concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.