High level individual contributor who will develop corporate preventative and predictive reliability strategy, program, and implementation plan. Lead the maintenance team in best practices and managed reliability programs. Implement a new CMMS (Computer Maintenance Managed System) to ensure the proper preventative maintenance for manufacturing equipment. This individual will participate in safety reviews and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA). They will contribute ideas in the improvement to lean manufacturing and process improvement.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for the reliability of glass container production equipment and supporting electrical and mechanical utility systems.
- Defines and develops an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks as well as effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on reliability incidents to identify and correct physical, and latent root causes for chronic reliability issues.
- Support manufacturing work system teams by analyzing work notifications to ensure the right jobs are being worked on at the right time.
- Assist in planning of work orders for machine outages and daily work scheduling to achieve reliability targets of reduced downtime with increased machine availability.
- Develop capital project requests to eliminate chronic failures on equipment.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Manage all aspects of the execution of projects including the schedules, budgets, installations, and commissioning to successfully complete the project goals and objectives.
- Develop documentation and train plant personnel in related disciplines.
- Audit plant systems to improve operational effectiveness.
- Familiar with safety practices and procedures and committed to maintaining high safety standards.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or reveleant experience
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in reliability engineering, preferred industrial background in operations that run 24/7
- Preventative mechanical machine maintenance experience is required.
- Knowledge of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Managed Systems) is required.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Work effectively without close supervision and in a matrix team environment.
- Manage schedule and priorities of multiple projects and initiatives.
- Travel up to 75% of time.