Processes orders, communicates with customers, and fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction and flawless customer experience. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Work with customers directly on servicing their account and ensuring needs are met. Resolves issues related to customer orders and demand based on inventory available and future production capabilities.
- Makes decisions on product shipment to customers based on inventory, location, shipping costs, production quality.
- Enter releases for shipment of product to customers’ designated delivery locations as directed by the customers. Assuring adequate lead-time has been allowed for normal delivery from multiple locations as provided for in the pricing formula. Focused on delivering product to customer on time and in full.
- Proactive communication with customer and carriers on any delivery issues.
- Involved in quarterly business reviews with customers and focused on improving customer satisfaction. Resolve and coordinate corrective actions related to order management.
- Review customer forecasts provided by sales. Escalate any material forecast change to the necessary internal teams. Work with Planning in ensuring that production is planned (quantity, timing, etc.) to adequately service forecasted requirements.
- Facilitate resolution of issues impacting customer satisfaction, such as credit, billing and pricing problems or questions, pallet reconciliation, samples, scheduling issues, quality, etc.
- Coordinate all packaging requests with procurement, plant, new product development and sales. If packaging changes occur follow through with obsolescence policy to clear out aged glass or obsolete/aged packaging.
- Build, update and maintain various customer and item files to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Follow any out of contract shipments, requests to ensure proper invoicing has occurred to recover costs.
- Coordinate and manage external repack projects
- Logistics Back-up – Assign carriers to shipments, assist manufacturing plants and warehouses with system issues, communicate with carriers
- High School diploma and minimum 5 years customer service experience.
- 1-2 years logistics experience desired but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- JD Edwards / Oracle E1 experience helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally by phone, in person and in writing with customers, peers and various levels of management.
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.