The senior database administrator’s /data engineer’s mission is to extract value from data, integrate it with new and traditional sources, and ensure quality and security.
Responsibilities & Roles
- The ideal candidate has the capacity of a system architect responsible for developing, designing, optimizing, and maintaining systems that support Anchor’s business applications, and data analytics/reporting needs.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for integrating agile development into database operations, defining database management and maintenance processes, and handling database-related issues.
- Optimization and maintenance for Database Replication (DBMoto, SQL Server (transactional, snapshot).
- Work with business & technical analysts on data modeling needs and translate requirements in to stored procedures/Database Views.
- Design and develop SQL code, ETL/SSIS processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements.
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and with Anchor Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, IT, or 6+ yrs. Experience in database administration
- Proficient in the following RDBMS: SQL Server 2008-2017
- Proficient in installing, configuring, upgrading and patching the RDBMS, well as OLTP performance
- Experience supporting Database Replication for business-critical applications
- Experience in data integration, data movement & visualizations.
- Experience with database optimization and performance tuning in a Microsoft Windows server environment.
- Significant experience working with developers to implement database requirements for handling various data structures
- Functional knowledge of query optimization, data warehouses and report writing skills are required to assist with implementing system dashboards & reports.
- Possess a sound understanding of the basic areas of Computer Science and Engineering such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Computer Architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years multi-discipline IT experience preferred
- Experience with SSIS, BI Tools
- Experience supporting applications backed by cloud services
- Experience administering Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC)
- Functional knowledge on AD configuration, proxies, and ports; experience with command line and browser tools to troubleshoot connectivity, interoperability, configuration, and performance issues