*Position to be based in Austin, TX area*
Serve as a two-way information conduit on customer complaints, issue resolution, quality performance and metrics. Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for providing feedback on customer quality performance to plants and corporate management.
- Become proficient at identifying glass defects and customer filling line issues.
- Identify the root cause of the non-conformances with the assistance of production disciplines.
- Initiate and coordinate the containment of non-conforming product at customer sites once the responsibility has been accepted.
- Coordinate temporary remedial actions at customer sites related to non-conformances.
- Initiate actions to prevent and correct product quality non-conformances.
- Verify the implementation of preventive and corrective actions.
- Provide troubleshooting support to customers to address filling line issues.
- Prepare reports to document quality performance.
- Advise plants on what issues to address based on customer observations.
- Prepare line surveys to document customer line requirements.
- Communicate corrective actions regarding quality issues to customer personnel.
- Participate in customer partnership activities.
- Key responsibilities include solving customer’s problems and will be measured by NPS (Net Promoter Score).
- Require bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical degree and 5-8 years of direct experience in the field.
- Quality Assurance and manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience also preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing/presentations with peers and various levels of management within the company and outside vendors.
- Must be excellent problem solver.
- Travel required.
- Any job offer is contingent on successful completion of background check and drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.