Oversees daily operations of plant production. Under direction of the Plant Manager, keeps production at maximum capacity while working within financial controls. Ensures all required quality and regulatory standards are met. Assists in developing processes for maximizing safety, quality, productivity and stewardship. May provide oversight to several plant level functions such as accounting, maintenance, distribution, and administration. Assists in developing major goals to support broad functional objectives. Reviews policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Involved in overall plant operations which may include finance, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources and information systems.
- Assist with aligning objectives within each function to achieve the business strategic goals. These objectives will include safety, quality, reliability, productivity and people development.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing a culture of high trust, clear metrics, leading indicators, ownership and accountability.
- Observe daily operations to ensure facility performance is aligned to and achieves business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and people development.
- In conjunction with Plant Manager, coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished and contribute to the overall success and instill a culture of accountability to perform against these objectives.
- Learn to optimize plant performance through the appropriate use of manpower, equipment and resources.
- Assist Plant Manager to set, measure and maintain the highest standards for process standards, plant housekeeping and safety.
- Foster a culture that includes an open, high trust, learning environment.
- Understand and ensure all regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related concentration.
- Manufacturing experience of 5 plus years with 2 years operations leadership.
- Experience in change management, process improvement and optimization
- Ability to lead in a way that builds trust with a passion to grow and develop self and others
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels – from shop floor to executive leadership.
- Willing to be accessible 24/7 to support facility as needed.
- Any job offer contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.