Supervises and coordinates an assigned production shift to include the handling, maintaining proper and consistent quality glass composition per corporate specifications to assure delivery of a quality product to the Forming department.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Maintain accurate raw materials inventory with minimum demurrage.
- Control labor and overtime costs within budget.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Check and schedule Maintenance to repair as needed in raw materials unloading, mixing & melting operations.
- Schedule furnaces with temperature with tonnage pull-furnace, glass, computer and refiner.
- Develop, train and manage department employees.
- Computer input – ability to check status, temperature, set joints and printouts.
- Supervise and schedule all patch hotwork and rebuilds.
- Ability to adjust fuel-air ratio computer and check oxygen analysis.
- Monitor glass quality by checking weights, color and seed.
- BS/BA degree in Ceramic or Chemical Engineering with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/furnace environment.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.