Aids in the preparation of contractual provisions and the administration of contract proposals. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. Works under supervision of department manager.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Provide direct contract support, such as review and approval of contractual documents, to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
- Develop new contracts using existing templates and suggest modifications as appropriate.
- Manage, distribute and retain copies of executed contracts. Review and summarize contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Assist sales and purchasing management by tracking events requiring action such as rebates, commissions, energy surcharges, pallet reconciliation and the like.
- Administer all legal compliance systems including matter management, contract management, risk management, record retention, and environmental permit management.
- Process and track certificates of insurance manage electronic loss runs and ensure timely payment of fees to aid risk management activities.
- Serve as Administrator for Legal Tracker (formerly Serengeti) Matter Management system. Manage and set up Legal Tracker matters and provide related training and support to employees and outside counsel.
- Provide general support to Legal Department in litigation, regulatory, corporate governance, compliance and transactional matters.
- BS or BA Degree preferred; paralegal training helpful.
- Prior in-house contract administration or legal systems administration experience.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel required; Knowledge of Serengeti Tracker preferred.
- Minimum 4 years prior experience preferred.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.