The Director of Quality will provide leadership and expertise to drive best in class quality standards for our products and customer experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and improving a quality management system that meets or exceeds all requirements of the FSSC 22000 global standard. This will include the modification/evolution of the existing QMS for AGCC. The Director of Quality will partner with operational leadership to establish vision and strategy for the quality and technical service teams and will provide technical expertise to establish and maintain quality relationships with our customers.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Drive and continuously improve quality vision, planning and programs across AGCC.
- Lead and develop field service and plant quality teams.
- Measure and drive KPI’s that result in meeting or exceeding customer expectations regarding product quality and service.
- Work closely with the General Managers of each facility to manage product and service quality as a team.
- Chair and manage quality management reviews, manage and report business KPI’s to the Senior Leadership Team
- Use technical expertise to lead and/or manage effective root cause investigations with timely action item completion.
- Work directly with customers to understand their needs/concerns and translate those into improvements at the plant level.
- Provide technical support and guidance on to customers quality-related matters.
- Implement certification of FSSC 22000 for AGCC and all manufacturing facilities.
- Implement and drive food grade certification for AGCC and all manufacturing facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5-10 years’ experience in a production environment
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory position
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Business Level Quality leadership role
- Direct experience with managing/implementing FSSC 22000 standards
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Black Belt or Six Sigma preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Travel is required – 25% - 50%
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.