Provides support in functional areas of the human resources department, which may include recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, compensation management, benefits administration, organization development and training.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Administers human resources policies and procedures.
- Conducts new hire orientation and prepares paperwork to place new employee on payroll and establish personnel file.
- Performs benefits administration with new hires and resolves any benefit issues daily.
- Maintain knowledge of current contracts to effectively deal with questions as issues arise.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job postings (internal/external), reviewing resumes, performing interviews along with reference checks and drug testing administration.
- Monitor unemployment compensation forms, claims and expenses.
- Participate in plant Safety administration.
- AA/AS or its equivalent with 3 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing with peers and various levels of management within the company and with agencies and vendors externally.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive payroll information.