Oversee and coordinates with department management to assist in coordinating the work of employees who set-up glass container forming machines and related equipment. Prepares work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product. Provides support to achieve goals established for the manufacturing process. Initiate and institute continuous job change productivity improvements using goals and standards (i.e. downtime, cycle time, defective ware, etc.).
Responsibilities & Roles
- Coordinate information between Corporate Scheduling, sales customers, vendors, warehouse and the plant
- Responsible for monitoring actual plant efficiencies to planned efficiencies.
- Supply plant with production work orders, repack orders and scheduling package to be run in production
- Oversee all aspects of a job change from planning to packaging.
- Acquire and distribute information for production – load specs, glass spec, carton spec etc.
- Run Production meetings.
- Work with all departments and Corporate scheduling to line up jobs to make easier / more efficient changeovers.
- Track job changes through the Job Change Index (JCI) and other key Metrix, as needed to show where we are and improvement in changeovers.
- Drive improvement through data tracking, training, process improvement and lean principles.
- Facilitate job on/off meetings to make sure Best day Histories are being kept and to document both good and bad issues during setup and production run.
- Work with departments to ensure the availability of parts to make necessary job changes
- Assist in the planning, coordination of Job Changes to ensure successful changes.
- Share best practices with other Anchor facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year associates degree in a related field or related work experience.
- 3-5 years work and supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment, glass or ceramics industry preferred.
- Must be process knowledgeable, have analytical skills for forecasting and scheduling
- Familiar with a variety of the maintenance concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.