Responsible for the coordination of all finished goods shipments and inbound/outbound movement of raw materials and pallets. Responsibilities include the providing leadership to warehouse team, striving to keep warehouse cost low, timely transportation of raw materials and/or finished goods, vendor selection, negotiation, distribution of supplies as needed and inventory control.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Directs and oversees daily logistics activities; establishes priorities and addresses issues in a timely manner and manage warehouse operating cost effectively.
- Schedules carriers to pick up and deliver finished goods based on releases from customers or sales.
- Coordinate all inbound or outbound material movement to include LTL air shipments.
- Coordinate activities to resolve customer delivery problems.
- Prepare paperwork and data related to bill of ladings, shipment logs, etc.
- Coordinate interplant transfers and returned ware shipments.
- Establish control programs to measure and reduce inventory losses.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity or inventory/record keeping systems.
- Direct and coordinate the proper utilization/planning, repair and preventative maintenance of all mobile equipment.
- Communicate with Sales Service Reps, Customers and Sales.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Partner with cross functional teams to support and drive companywide initiatives.
- Conduct, analyze, and present weekly data-driven performance KPIs.
- 5-7 years supervisor experience in warehousing/shipping operation
- Results driven, strong management skills, analytical, critical thinking, strong communication skills, project and change management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products Excel, Word, PowerPoint, JDE and Lotus Notes
- Experience working with Warehouse Management System