Responsible for data collection and analysis to support pricing and profitability enhancement strategies to stay competitive for deliveries in markets. Conducts market research and makes recommendations regarding pricing policies and strategies including new/revised longer-term customer arrangements. Maintains historical pricing data on the organization and its competitors. Plans and executes strategies supporting the generation of container delivery revenue. Familiar with variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Manages financial analyst staff and typically reports to top management.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Forecasts revenue and market share information for short- and long-term planning in coordination with production planning team.
- Participates in short-term tactical forecasting activities to support achieving targeted monthly revenues.
- Supports Long-Term Plan (LTP) activities.
- Researches market trends within the industry and segment.
- Periodic reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly) supporting performance of profitability.
- Ability to develop new reporting tools and metrics to support sustained profitability.
- Develops & recommends pricing strategies to improve sales volume or profitability.
- Reviews company strategy and makes pricing recommendations.
- Proposes rate change recommendations to align with Company’s Operating Plan, supported by facts gathered in analyses. Modifies strategy to meet Operating Plan.
- Assesses data to derive insights into market trends and pricing strategies.
- Analyzes data related to return on investment for existing marketing and promotional programs, analyzes customer response to marketing efforts, and determines more effective ways to reach customers and gain market share.
- Utilizes quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze competitor pricing, assesses market share and margins, and tracks customer engagement in order to gain a complete picture of effective pricing strategies for Anchor's offerings.
- Works closely with sales team to develop, implement, and measure competitive pricing.
- Measures impact of price changes and adjusts proposed rate change recommendations accordingly.
- Provide support for additional testing for Pricing System changes and/or implementations.
- Translates complex data into actionable strategies and techniques to drive sales and enhance marketing efforts.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Develops staff to improve metrics, analytics and insights for respective commercial and operations teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Concentration in economics, statistics, operations research, or supply chain management a plus; CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum 7 or more years relevant experience (e.g., supply chain management, revenue management, pricing, accounting, FP&A)
- Strong communication skills
- Consumer products or retail industry experience preferred
- Ability to learn and demonstrate proficient use of Pricing System
- Possess math skills sufficient to perform required duties
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test