Processes orders, prepares correspondence, and fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Work with customers directly on servicing their account and ensuring needs are met. Resolves issues related to customer orders and demand based on inventory available and future production capabilities.
- Makes decisions on product shipment to customers based on inventory, location, shipping costs, production quality.
- Enter releases for shipment of product to customers’ designated delivery locations as directed by the customers. assuring adequate lead-time has been allowed for normal delivery from multiple locations as provided for in the pricing formula.
- Review customer forecasts provided by sales and input to the system. Determine production required (quantity, timing, etc.) to adequately service forecasted requirements.
- Facilitate resolution of issues impacting customer satisfaction, such as late loads, credit, billing and pricing problems or questions, pallet reconciliation, samples, scheduling issues, quality, etc.
- Coordinate all packaging requests with procurement, plant, new product development and sales. If packaging changes occur follow through with obsolescence policy to clear out old glass or old packaging.
- Build, update and maintain various customer and item files to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Follow any out of contract shipments, requests to ensure proper invoicing has occurred to recover costs.
- High School diploma and minimum 3 years customer service experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- JD Edwards / Oracle E1 experience helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally by phone, in person and in writing with customers, peers and various levels of management.
- Strong organization skills and detailed oriented.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.