Supports Sales Team activities and coordinates, as applicable, any activities required to ensure the achievement of Departmental goals and objectives. Such activities may include, but are not limited to, development/support of systems, reports, and processes, liaising with third-party CRM & Marketing partners, etc. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Maintain and develop relationships with distributor partners.
- Provide customers with quotations and samples.
- Identify and investigate customer requirements and provide solutions for their needs.
- Assist customers in placing orders with Sales Service Representatives.
- Liaison between distributors and plants for problem resolution.
- Gather market and customer information to provide to sellers and operations.
- Partner with field sales managers to help drive sales and improve customer service and experience.
- Coordinate attendance and related logistics for applicable trade shows. Attend and represent company at distributor trade shows with other sales personnel.
- Follow up on quotes and lost business in coordination with sales account managers.
- Monitor and reply to web and telephone sales inquiries as necessary.
- Summarize proposal and sales information for the department. Prepare weekly, quarterly and yearly reports. Analyze information for trends. Ad hoc reporting.
- Coordinate with third-party marketing partners as needed to ensure marketing materials support the overall business objectives and branding.
- Assist Sales leaders with any related coordination for newsletters, etc. as requested.
- Salesforce: Assist sales department with data and related processes inherent to Salesforce.com. Ensure data maintenance and accuracy. Maintain administrative duties and responsibilities of the system. Coordinate with third-party providers to initiate and implement any desired process changes related to such.
- Requires a bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and 2-5 years of experience in sales, customer service, accounting or other applicable area.
- JD Edwards / Oracle E1/ Salesforce experience helpful (or desire to learn).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Must be able to communicate professionally by phone, in person and in writing with customers, peers and various levels of management.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.