Supervises workers who confirm and record the receipt of shipments, prepare items for shipping, and load and unload trucks. Supervise the receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of merchandise or materials. Responsible for managing the inter-departmental transport of materials.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Supervises hourly employees in meeting customer needs or requirements.
- Process pallet inventory.
- Train hourly employees in the use of release system, processing bills of lading and the use of the manual bill of lading system.
- Monitor and enforce the policy and procedures associated with the Storage/Shipping Department.
- Coordinating dock location for loading and unloading with truck drivers.
- Inspect trailer before loading.
- Responsible for shipping station, processing bill of lading and making sure loads are complete before bills are released to drivers.
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in warehousing/shipping operations.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing with peers and various levels of management within the company and with agencies and vendors externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.