This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex projects related to both new and existing assets to support the operations and manufacturing facilities. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for new and improvement projects related to equipment, mechanical systems, and infrastructure required for the manufacturing of glass containers. This includes (but not limited to) such as batch house and cullet equipment, exhaust filtration systems, chimneys, cooling systems (water & air), air compressors & driers, fans & vacuum pumps, conveyors, cooling towers and structural systems.
- Evaluate new equipment, processes and materials for applicability to decrease costs or improve productivity.
- Provide design, installation, commissioning and troubleshooting engineering services to the facilities.
- Develop project scopes, specifications, schedule, cost estimates, and capital expenditure requests.
- Qualify contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Prepare request for quotations, analysis bids, negotiate, and select contractors.
- Manage all aspects of the execution of projects including the schedules, budgets, installations, and commissioning to successfully complete the project goals and objectives.
- Manage projects with cross functional teams based in multiple locations.
- Committed to safety processes and procedures.
- Directly manages the work of others in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering. Other technical degrees may be considered in conjunction with individual experience and capability.
- Heavy industry experience(Oil, gas, steel, glass, cement) with 10+ years experience with large capex.
- Experience level: 10-15 years in related field
- Travel 25-50%
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Work effectively without close supervision and in a matrix team environment
- Manage schedule and priorities of multiple projects and initiatives