Records and maintains control of all purchased inventory items. Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures. Ensures adequate inventory of materials and products in accord with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy. Conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems. Develops and implements inventory control procedures.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Purchases and controls all storeroom inventory items.
- Work with plant management to development proper stockroom inventories to reduce waste while maintaining production redundancies.
- Work with department managers to maintain proper inventory control over satellite storerooms.
- Maintain weekend coverage once per month in conjunction with plant rotating schedule.
- Prepares packages for mailing thru different carriers as well as associated paperwork.
- Work with and communicate directly with accounts payable personnel at the corporate office.
- Will be required at times to negotiate terms and conditions with potential vendors.
- Improve and maintain good housekeeping practices in keeping with plant directives.
- Coordinates receipt and shipment of all non-finished good material for the manufacturing plant.
- Develop cost savings initiatives for plant including: vendor negotiation, usage reduction, alternate suppliers, etc.
- Requires a high school diploma with at least 5 years experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiar with a variety of accounting and procurement principals, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft software.
- Must be detail orientated and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.