We are looking for 2 Technical Service Representatives - one in the tri State area of Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky, and one in the Chicago area - Serve as a two-way information conduit on customer complaints, issue resolution, quality performance and metrics. Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for providing feedback on customer quality performance to plants and corporate management.
- Become proficient at identifying glass defects and customer filling line issues.
- Identify the root cause of the non-conformances with the assistance of production disciplines.
- Initiate and coordinate the containment of non-conforming product at customer sites once the responsibility has been accepted.
- Coordinate temporary remedial actions at customer sites related to non-conformances.
- Initiate actions to prevent and correct product quality non-conformances.
- Verify the implementation of preventive and corrective actions.
- Provide troubleshooting support to customers to address filling line issues.
- Prepare reports to document quality performance.
- Advise plants on what issues to address based on customer observations.
- Prepare line surveys to document customer line requirements.
- Communicate corrective actions regarding quality issues to customer personnel.
- Participate in customer partnership activities.
- Key responsibilities include solving customer’s problems and will be measured by NPS (Net Promoter Score).
- Require bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical degree and 5-8 years of direct experience in the field.
- Quality Assurance and manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience also preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing/presentations with peers and various levels of management within the company and outside vendors.
- Must be excellent problem solver.
- Travel required.