Responsible for providing administrative support to the traffic function for an organization. Responsible for all aspects of logging orders, routing, shipping, and tracking of outbound orders. Informs transporters for freight pick-up and ensures that cargo is routed appropriately. Prepares and verifies bills of lading. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Arrange for and schedules carriers to pick up and deliver finished product based upon releases from customer/Sales.
- Coordinates all inbound/outbound material movement to include LTL and air shipments.
- Responds to and resolves all customer deliver problems.
- Maintains ratings for transportation companies.
- Coordinates interplant transfers and returned ware shipments, i.e. rejections.
- Manage inventory and procurement of miscellaneous materials, pallets, tier sheets, frames etc.
- Prepares all paper work and data related to bill of ladings, shipment logs, special customer forms, air bills, pallet receivers, truck/rail savings form.
- Interact with customers to reconcile billing discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate information in Ware Locator System.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with DOT laws, ICC regulations and vendor tariffs.
- Manufacturing warehouse experience helpful.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Excellent organization, problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.