Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of application systems, infrastructure, and other key initiatives, anticipating business needs to ensure superior information technology support. This position will be responsible for defining the strategy and leading a team to execute a strategic IT roadmap to support Anchor Glass Corporation’s rapid growth. This role will be responsible for the software development life cycle process and develop and maintain strong vendor and IT relationships with a focus on collaboration and direct communications. The ideal candidate is a strategic leader with the capability and desire to create value by aligning IT resources and projects to business priorities and ensuring functional capabilities and technology innovations are a key enable to overall success.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Provide leadership to IT application and infrastructure team, prioritizing projects based on value creation, and ensuring commitments are met while providing high quality, stable secure and cost-effective systems and solutions.
- Provide leadership and management to develop high performance teams; define and implement clear roles, responsibilities and expectations, as well as management metrics to support goal achievement.
- Direct all projects for IT application systems and ensure that critical resources are engaged and focused on successful implementation. Ensure projects are delivered within scope, budget, and adhere to company governance processes.
- Lead multiple, complex projects and technology initiatives, and apply innovative solutions to systems and applications problems. Ensure the projects support strategic and near-term goals.
- Responsible for enterprise technology planning, collaborating with Senior Leaders to assure alignment to goals and an information technology roadmap that supports strategic and near-term goals.
- Evaluate current applications and identify areas to improve standards, simplify, and enhance functionality and/or transition to packaged solutions to improve supportability and time to market.
- Drive application development process: create roadmap and timing of implementation of roadmap based on business requirements and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in combination of application development and management including infrastructure, in both stable and growth environments.
- Experience leading teams to successfully support and facilitate acquisition activity a priority.
- Demonstrated project management experience in development, versed in agile methodology, JDEdwards, Business Objects and SQL.
- Experience with major HRIS system integration a plus.
- Experience managing software development teams in enterprise level, large scale environments including management of sourced services.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
- All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.