Anchor Glass Container Corporation Coronavirus Update
Written March 20, 2020 by Nuris
March 20, 2020
Anchor Glass Container Corporation Coronavirus Update:
Dear Customers and Partners:
Since the news of the Coronavirus first broke, Anchor Glass’s focus has been on protecting the health and safety of our team-members, families, customers and our communities. We are also committed to operate our operations/plants following the guidelines of the World Health Organization and CDC to maintain business continuity for our customers. We recognize our responsibility as essential manufacturer for food/beverage supply chain and supporting our country’s recovery efforts.
We’ve taken several precautions to a healthy work environment and stem the spread of COVID-19:
- Enabling indirect support employees to work from home
- Encouraging plant related employees to stay home if sick and to immediately leave the workplace if they develop symptoms
- Disinfecting meeting rooms, bathrooms, break rooms and other common areas on regular frequencies.
- Measuring temperature of all employees when they enter the workplace.
- Providing radios to employees to communicate instead of physical meeting.
- Educating our employees on frequent basis about symptoms and following etiquettes, maintaining social distancing, installing sanitizer stations, hand-wash stations and self-monitoring.
- All non-essential travel is banned, and non-essential visitors/vendors are prohibited from entering our facilities.
Of recent, there has a material increase in the demand for glass containers as a result of customer concerns about a potential supply chain disruption prompted by the on-going health emergency. To date, we’ve been able to maintain inventory and deliver on-time to our customers. Below are some important facts regarding our business continuity plans:
- Our leaders have proven experience navigating emergency events. Our sourcing, planning, commercial and operations teams connect on daily basis via video conference to make sure that we are not putting any customer and food/beverage supply chain at risk.
- Geographical location of our plants, flexibility for many customers with multiple lines/plants ensures a continuous workflow of support and services as regional coronavirus hot spots appear.
- We’ve been able to maintain healthy inventory and tracking on-time delivery performance.
- We are constantly exercising our muscle of “continuous improvement” to change our plans/procedures depending on COVID-19 situation.
- We have seen minimal interruptions to our supply chain efforts that would impact our ability to meet forecasted orders. We also recognize that situation can change rapidly in an adverse manner. We are committed to minimize any disruptions to the best of our abilities and communicate with our partners with full transparency on regular frequency.
These are uncharted territories, but we are in this together. I realize your businesses may also be going through extreme challenges. If there is anything that we can do to help you, please let us know. Together, we will get through this and come out stronger and wiser than ever before.
As of March 20, 2020, all manufacturing facilities are fully operational. The situation is very fluid, and we encourage you to visit this link for updated information.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact the below individuals:
Nilesh Kamdar Robert Stewart
Supply Chain Leader Chief Sales Officer
(813) 882-7735 (813) 882-7840
We appreciate your continued partnership and support. Please stay safe.
President and CEO