Manages overall plant processes from lehr exit to delivery of product to customers. Coordinate and control the finished ware manufacturing processes. Assist with planning and directing the layout of equipment, workflow, and work force utilization.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Responsible for production, quality, safety, housekeeping and cost control including labor in the Finished Product areas.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the inspection equipment and work closely with plant maintenance on line flow and equipment issues.
- Works closely with production personnel on defects being produced, communication and root cause analysis.
- Coordinate ware handling, procedures, and job changes with the forming, quality and maintenance departments.
- Administer overall standard operating policies and procedures for finished product operation.
- Maintain good employee and union relations.
- Provide support and direction for good manufacturing and safety standards.
- Develop, train and manage department managers.
- Provide leadership in the areas of customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and communication.
- 7-10 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years supervisor experience.
- Familiar with a variety of manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.