Leads the environmental and safety functions of the organization. Creates, implements and monitors environmental strategies to promote sustainable development. Carries out environmental and safety audits and assessments, identifying risks, and ensuring necessary changes are implemented.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans to ensure corporate sustainable development.
- Partner with company leadership and plant leaders to drive safe behaviors, good habits, and a strong safety culture with all employees/teams.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, and environmental healthcompliance.
- Lead the implementation of environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation laws and regulations, and keep up to date on legislation as related to environmental and health and safety issues, .anticipating future legislation, interpreting standards, enforcing adherence to regulation, and advising management on needed actions.
- Audit, analyze and report environmental and safety performance.
- Perform impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental and workplace safety risks and financial costs.
- Implement best practices in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organization on environmental issues.
- Drive implementation of strategic safety initiatives to achieve safety objectives; identifies elements of change required to support the safety strategy.
- Oversee the tracking of OSHA recordability rates and statistics.
- Train and assist staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues.
- Set organizational sustainability and safety targets and develop plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental (preferred) or related field (natural sciences, engineering, chemistry, or similar)
- A minimum of 7+ years of work experience in the Environmental field with increasing responsibility leading and directing teams. (Large organization preferred)
- Demonstrated success in improving environmental performance and establishing best practices.
- Proven examples of effective communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills. Experience in managing Corporate Environmental programs.
- Passion and drive for environmental and safety compliance.
- Knowledge of…… environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Broad knowledge of workers’ compensation regulations and best practices.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and regulations.
- Travel: As required