Supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain manufacturing related equipment. Prepares work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product. Directs the rebuilding of equipment. Modifies vendor equipment to operate more efficiently. Provides support to achieve goals established for the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Direct and control repair of manufacturing equipment and plant facility.
- Maintain mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems and controls.
- Supervise maintenance mechanic’s daily activities.
- Direct and control building and grounds maintenance and upkeep.
- Assure that all raw material unloading, mixing, storage, mixing and conveying equipment is operating and maintained.
- Assure that all electrical and electronic process in the glass forming process are operating and maintained.
- Assure that all power distribution systems, electrical and pneumatic are operating and maintained.
- Assure that all compressor systems are operating and maintained.
- Provide predictive and preventive maintenance schedules and planning.
- Planning for equipment installation projects and process conversions.
- Purchases of parts and equipment to assure continuous operation of equipment and installation projects.
- Provide support and direction for good manufacturing, housekeeping and safety standards.
- Provide technical training related to maintenance, process systems and safety practices.
- BS/BA Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Supervisory work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the maintenance concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.