Manages the activities of forming personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function. Maintain plant standards and meet plant goals. Oversees manufacturing process including glass delivery, forming, coding and product quality. Supervises and coordinates the work of employees who set-up glass container forming machines and related equipment. Manages the process conversions related to glass container forming.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Manage production activities to achieve high efficiency on units assigned.
- Establish and maintain good operating practices for unit employees through Shift Supervisor Forming.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures relating to productivity, quality and safety.
- Coordinate tank/unit activities including discussing tonnages with furnace department, monitor ware handling, sprays, with machine repair and quality control to correct and report findings.
- Maintain good manufacturing practices, SOPs, TOPs, and PAS.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Provide necessary training and development for all personnel to improve and upgrade technical skills.
- Communicate the company established goals to all departments and employees. Conduct regular job change, planning and problem-solving meetings.
- Maintain an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Resolve production problems such as ware defects, glass conditioning and equipment problems to maintain maxim operating and quality efficiencies.
- Maintain labor and spending within plant budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 4-6 years experience with industrial production and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Detail oriented.