Supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain and repair glass container forming machines and related equipment. Prepares work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product. Directs the rebuilding of equipment. Modifies vendor equipment to operate more efficiently. Provides support to achieve goals established for the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Direct and control repair of glass container manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems and controls.
- Supervise machine repair mechanic’s daily activities.
- Supervise the installation of equipment in the forehearth, forming and annealing areas.
- Assure that all equipment related to glass conditioning is operating and maintained.
- Assure that all conveying systems are operating and maintained.
- Assure that all glass container forming machines are operating and maintained.
- Provide predictive and preventive maintenance schedules and planning.
- Planning for equipment installation projects and process conversions.
- Purchases of parts and equipment to assure continuous operation of equipment and installation projects.
- Provide support and direction for good manufacturing, housekeeping and safety standards.
- Provide technical training related to maintenance, process systems and safety practices.
- 3-5 years work and supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment, glass or ceramics industry preferred.
- Familiar with a variety of the maintenance concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.