Establishes and coordinates the production activities in a glass manufacturing environment. Ensures the flow of materials, parts and assemblies between or within departments. Oversees monitors and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual members and overall team’s achievement of established goals. Ensures team’s goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company’s directives.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Direct the interrelated activities of the Forming, Machine Repair and Mould departments.
- Manage and coordinate the activities and functions of these departments by providing overall guidance for the production process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures relating to productivity, quality and safety.
- Develop new policies and procedures to address identified needs and communicate to all involved employees. Continuously follow-up to ensure process control through process monitoring and communications.
- Maintain good employee, management and union relations.
- Communicate the company established goals to all departments and employees. Conduct regular job change, planning and problem solving meetings. Maintain an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Resolve production problems such as ware defects, glass conditioning and equipment problems to maintain maxim operating and quality efficiencies.
- Maintain labor and spending within plant budget.
- Train and develop competent employees.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering.
- 5-7 years supervisory experience.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Familiar with a variety of manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.