Supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain packaging, conveyance, and inspection equipment and ensures safety standards are understood and met. Prepares work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product. Directs the rebuilding of equipment. Modifies vendor equipment to operate more efficiently. Provides support to achieve goals established for the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Direct and control repair of manufacturing equipment and plant facility.
- Maintain mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems and controls.
- Supervise maintenance mechanic’s daily activities, ensuring all safety standards are met.
- Supervise the installation of equipment in the selecting, packaging and quality areas.
- Assure that all inspection equipment is operating and maintained.
- Assure that all conveying systems, bottle and case, are operating and maintained.
- Assure that all packaging systems bulk or case palletizers and carton assembly are operating and maintained.
- Executes and improves predictive and preventive maintenance schedules and planning. Develops predictive maintenance processes.
- Planning for equipment installation projects and process conversions.
- Purchases of parts and equipment to assure continuous operation of equipment and installation projects.
- Provide support and direction for good manufacturing, housekeeping and safety standards.
- Provide technical training related to maintenance, process systems and safety practices.
- Continually improves process and procedures in the department related to safety, uptime, training, cost, and quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred with four (4) years related work experience.
- Three (3) years supervisory work experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products.
- Familiar with a variety of maintenance concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.